terça-feira, 23 de março de 2010

Panasonic is winning the first round of the 3DTV wars

URL: http://feeds.arstechnica.com/~r/arstechnica/index/~3/d04SJnDmK-0/panasonic-is-winning-the-first-round-of-the-3dtv-wars.ars


3D TVs dominated the show floor at CES 2010, and I spent a good deal of time trying out all of the models and approaches on offer from vendors large and small. My conclusion was that Panasonic's plasma-based approach was noticeably superior to the competition, so I wasn't surprised to learn that consumers seem to agree.

Bloomberg reports that Panasonic 3D TVs have already sold out at Best Buy, despite having launched as recently as March 10. In fact, there's reportedly a shortage of the TVs, and they're on backorder.

I honestly didn't expect consumers to snap up even the best 3D TVs, since I didn't find the experience to be compelling enough to pay a premium for. I'll admit that Avatar in 3D changed my mind, and I found myself thinking that when it comes time for me to replace my current plasma TV in a few years, I'll definitely pick up a 3D-capable model.

It looks like the 3D TV revolution will definitely happen, but unless the makers of LED-backed LCD models can find a way to boost the quality of their 3D experience, only one company stands to benefit from the change so far.

Read the comments on this post


Nenhum comentário: